Does your Child have Eczema....please read.

im just wondering....did your child need steroid cream for their eczema?? were they using it at the time they got the MMR vaccine?? i heard children on steroids cant get the shot...my son has been using steroid cream for months...and now im scared about giving him the shot.

chrissysue85

Asked by chrissysue85 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My Chrissy . . . I didn't actually know about the steroid cream/ MMR thing, but my daughter has on and off been on steroid cream for eczema since she was a baby. She had all her shots on schedule, and no side effects . . . but I didn't even know to mention it or think about it. She is now almost 5.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm not sure but my DD got all her shots and she started using steroid creams at about 9 months. I later found natural ways to control it though. Talk to your Dr I'm sure he or she wouldn't give him the shot if it would harm him. Good luck!
    rayna_82

Answer by rayna_82 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• rayna . .. what do you do for the eczema now? I would love suggestions . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• raya so your DD was on the steroid cream since 9 months and was still on it when she got the MMR shot?
    chrissysue85

Comment by chrissysue85 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My son has had eczema for years. I tried everything! Then one day I ran out of his cream and just wanted to moisturize it and put some Vaseline on it. The next morning it looked so much better that I just starting using that. now when a patch starts to appear, I just put some Vaseline on it and now his skin looks great.

Chrissysue--you are going to hear all sorts of opinons on the vax. No one wants anything to happen to their children, but you need to make the best decision for you and not what someone else thinks you should do.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• thats the sad thing....i cant make a decision......i wanted to wait a little longer...but we are going out of the country this summer, and im scared they would catch something.
    chrissysue85

Comment by chrissysue85 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• what does your doc say
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i dont trust doctors, they want ALL kids to get their vaccines and thats it, so no matter what you say to a DR or explain how you feel, in the end the answer it still "we recommend you give the vaccines."
    chrissysue85

Comment by chrissysue85 (original poster) at 7:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2011