Anyone have any good ips for decreasing foam in formula?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 5:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yea i baught a bottle mixer from babies r us its only three dollors and i love it it helps with the foam.
    sophiasmommy02

Answer by sophiasmommy02 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• it works alittle better if you put the formula in befor you add the water then just gently shake it or try using a spoon or whatever will fit in your bottle to stir it instead of shaking it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Turn your baby into the anti-bond: Stirred, not shaken! :)
    Anonymous

• What does the foam do?
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 5:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had the same problem. I figured out that if you put the formula in first, then use a coffee stirrer or drink stirrer instead of shaking the bottle it will decrease the foam.

And to the mom who said "breast feed" don't you realize that everyone can't breast feed? Some moms choose not to breast feed. Why do you have to be so rude? If you don't like the subject matter of the question can't you just move on and not say anything?
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 6:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i didn't even know there was a way to cut back on the foam! i'm breastfeeding but when we go places it's so much easier to take formula! That is awesome that you can actually cut back on the foam... I'll have to remember the advice! Thanks for asking this question expectoct!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Just don't shake it up. Mix it with a spoon, or gently turn the bottle upside down, then right side up, back and forth until its mixed good. Or just shake it up and scoop out the foam with a spoon.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Make enough for the day in the morning. The foam will go away as it sits and as long as it is kept in the fridge it will keep for 24 hours.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• The foam is bubbles that give your baby gas and a sick tummy. My pediatrician told me to add gas drops to every bottle. I did that, it stopped the bubbles completely, and my baby was feeling great!
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 8:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I didnt know that you COULD cut back the foam- I thought that was just natural in bottle feeding o.o and I have a very gassy girl- I'll have to make sure to get a mixer or a spoon
    _mommy2b08_

Answer by _mommy2b08_ at 9:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008