Child Modeling ( pics included)

I have NEVER wanted my child to model. WHen he was a baby, he was so smiley and good-tempered we thought he could, but we just didn't like the idea. We worried about placing a value on outward appearance and having him grow up thinking that was relevant to life. I want him to have the healthiest self esteem possible. He just turned three and took these pics and had so much fun with them (and we think he looks great, too) Now I am starting to second guess my initial instinct. Opinions about child modeling? Am I right to run the other direction?

Click here to view these pictures larger

MomofDom21

Asked by MomofDom21 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh my gosh, he is sooo adorable!
    I would say that there is nothing wrong with child modeling (all in good taste of course!) as long as you stress that other important things come first, like school, family, playing outside, all that good stuff.
    To be honest, I clicked the pic expecting to see an only mildly cute kid if not down right ugly...I'm sorry! lol. Most moms who post those pics and go "isn't he/she cute?" well....I want to say NO, lol. Your little boy is seriously adorable though...I'm stuck right now between wishing I had a boy to go and get that outfit for and going and getting it anyway and putting it on my daughter, lol! Definite charisma!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• He is soooo adorable! I agree with apple-a-day. Make sure you stress your morals and values and have FUN!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I just don't agree with child modeling in any way. I have a friend that thinks it's fine, and good towards earning scholarships, but at what cost? And what does it teach them? IDK, just my thoughts. He's cute :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My oldest DD modeled -- had an agent -- and did a few commercials when she was age 2 to about 6. She won money toward schoalships/cash/savings bonds/jewelry/trips -- it was fun -- we quit when the other parents made it HELL at casting calls and such!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• So cute! I think it is ok as long as he WANTS to do it. He should be allowed to quit at any time. As long as he likes it, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

I looked at this question really fast and I thought it said "Child MOLESTING pics included" I was like WTF!??? Then I re-read it. :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i think as long as you keep a good atitude about it and keep it for fum its fine
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have a great friend that lets both of her kids that are 4 and 10 and it's great. I would just say set boundaries and stick with them.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Very cute, but if you look at the situation another way, say he was good at basketball and he wanted to play professionally, would you let him? Everyone has different assets and everyone learns how to manipulate the system to gain the most from it. If you temper his talents with modest behaviors and rewards, I'm sure he'll turn out fine. :)
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 3:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2011