• In the Spotlight:

how long r u supossed to wait to have sex after a c-sectiom? i just had one 2 weeks ago 2morrow

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My doc said 6 weeks. I waited 4.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had sex 8 days after I got mine. I'm perfectly fine and still going strong!! lol
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• They say 6-8wks i waited 4days with my first and 3wks with my second. with my first I didnt bleed after I left the hospital and with my second a waited til I stopped bleeding.
    Anonymous

• omg that is so nuts you guys!
    Anonymous

• OMG!! Sex was the last thing on my mind after having a baby. They say 4 weeks I waited four weeks.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Didn't your doctor tell you? I'd call and ask, maybe there's a reason for it not to be ok for you to do it right away. Otherwise, whenever you feel up to it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I was scared to have sex again after i had my 1st child cause i thought i was going to get pregnant again!
    Anonymous

• Every doctor says at least 6 week after giving birth (no matter if c-section or normal birth). 6 weeks after giving birth is when you go for the check-up to your OB.

I didnt even think about having sex after i had my daughter. lol.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I guess I'm just weird.. I tried to get my hubby to have sex with me the day after when our baby was in the nursery. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• haha marlyegirl my hubby at the time tried the same thing. But my son was in the NICU.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 5:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008