I need ideas on potty training?

My husband and I think that my 2yr old son is ready to start the potty training process. He is pulling at his diaper and telling us " kaka". He is our only child, so neither of us have done this before. I was hoping someone out there would have some advise for us.

chasesmom2007

Asked by chasesmom2007 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• my son didnt potty train til he was 4 he would show signs to but never went but once in awhile but he fully potty trained himself at 4 it depends on the child they know when they are ready you can introduce him to it and have ur husband show him how to use it good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son used to love peeing and pooping on the cheerios...that's the way that I got him to start going on teh potty. When he says that, take him to the potty immediately and give him a reward after.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You tell your hubby that a mom of three boys told you potty train them at 2 and it will take you a year...wait til they are 3 and it will take you a week. Boys are harder and later and the bigger stink he makes out of this the bigger disaster you will have on your hands. Tell him to google it if he wont take my word for it. good luck
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008