Do you cut your kids' hair?

I do. My hairstylist kind of looks at me funny when she asks and I tell her. I know I'm not "professional" in that field, but a straight cut doesn't take rocket science, lol. I'm going to take my oldest son in to her next time I go because he likes the longer, shaggy look and I just can't trim that look up as easily.

(I graduated with my hairstylist 10 years ago)

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 9:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Being a hairstylist, I do, but I would still do it even if I wasn't.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I always take my kids in. I leave it for the professionals just because I want them to look the best.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 9:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm a stylist so yes I do. I love that I have the only two year old for miles with a super cute inverted bob, because I can sit her in the highchair at home with a treat and work on her at my leisure.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I know how you feel Renee3K lol

I can cut everyone's hair, but my own. I've tried a few times and finally let my co-workers do it :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I do until they start asking to go to the stylist. I find it is just too expensive for hair cuts.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yes i do. my oldest is 4 and has so much hair! at 15 months old it could go into a ponytail already. her bangs grew in kinda funky so i cut them around 15 months and now at 4 trying to grow them out again, because i literally have to cut once a week her hair grows so fast. recently, since summer is coming, i trimmed a few inches off her hair (which i have been doing since she was 2) and layered the front to angle her face. it looks really really cute! ive had my hair layered so many times and i pay really close attention.. lol so it was easy. i also cut my 2 year old's bangs when she was about 18 months old, but also growing them out again. i will not cut her hair though because she has beautiful ringlets! ill wait til she's older to let myself or anyone come near her hair with scissors =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I do with my son because when he was three, the got so worked up about getting his haircut that he literally got sick! EMBARRASSING!! So, after that, I started it, all we did was shave it down to a certain guard. Recently he did say that he wanted a mohawk and we did it, it took awhile but it saved us 20 dollars! Now, my youngest is a girl and I am not to sure if I would cut hers, maybe once she got older, but when shes young, I probably would not try. She was born with very little hair and 16 mos later we still have yet to get her hair cut, she hates people touching her hair so she will surely be a task when the time comes to cut it.
    Jennifer_wells

Answer by Jennifer_wells at 9:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• no, my dd has really thick curyl hair and to you it may not be that hard but to someone who has no clue how to do hair, it's very hard lol and my i take my ds to get his cut too, i get it shaved up in the back into a "fade" i can't do it and want it to look good
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I cut both DH and DS but with a guard and just buzz it, but DS says he wants a mohawk when we do it next time. I did just take my almost 4 year old DD to a stylist. I had trimmed the split ends a few times on her, but nothing else and she wanted a "big girl" hair cut with bangs. Now that it is cut I will likely trim it myself a few times before going back in. I also cut my own hair too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd like to be talented enough to cut my own hair...but I cannot look into a mirror and cut straight, lol. My hair is already short as it is so my mistakes would show greatly, lol. Plus I enjoy having my hair played with =D
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011