Best kind of juice to drink while prego

brandi.crago

Asked by brandi.crago at 9:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Water
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I drank limited amounts of orange juice too much and I got heartburn. I also drank cranberry to help cleanse my kidneys and drank grape because I missed my nightly glass of wine.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• To help with constipation this pregnancy the Dr told me to eat and drink pulpy fruit specifically oj. Nantucket Nectars has Orange Mango juice, it's awesome! I even froze it and made my own popsicles. I also like cranberry juice, not pulpy just the only other kind of juice I like.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I love to drink juice but i cant drink apple juice or orange juice cause they dont agree with my tummy
    brandi.crago

Comment by brandi.crago (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My doctor told me not to drink a ton of juice because it really doesn't have as much nutrients as regular fruit, and it has 12 times the sugar content of a piece of fruit. Drinking a lot of juice can up your chances of having gestational diabetes as well. But I do like juice! So here's what I did. I used either sparkling water, or water on ice with a splash of any juice for taste. Water is so important, but I hate it, so it helped me get through that whole deal!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• When I was pregnant .....(Prego is a spaghetti sauce....LOL ) I drank orange juice after my morning sickness went away. ANd water or skim milk.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My doc recommended V-8 Fusion to me while I was pregnant. It is lower in sugar because it ia half vege juice, and happens to have more vitamins.

When I give my kids juice, I only use vege/fruit juice, as well.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh and second thought here! LOL Um, if you are getting an upset tummy when you drink juice it's probably too much acid and sugar for you right now. So watering it down would probably be a good thing, and you can still enjoy your drink!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• im on iron pills so i drink apple juice to help with the constipation, but not alot, just one glass at night. idk if it helps or not but i sure do love apple juice! lol
    jdish

Answer by jdish at 10:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Water, propel, vitamin water, anything that's not loaded with sugar and caffeine..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011