Help. sibling drama

My 15 yr old dd, just turned 14 ds and 11 yr old ds can be so nasty with each other they argue,call eachother names that arent allowed in our home. Tonight the 15 year old flipped off the 14 year old at church.. She is grounded. I have done everything I can think of loss of privledges, have them take turns saying nice things to eachother ect. This is my biggest parenting challenge and i need help before they grow up hating eachother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I doubt they will grow up hating each other. I am an only child but all of my friends have siblings and I can honestly say, it is a test of sibling rivalry and your patience :) With them being so close in age, I think that it may be an "I'm better then you" kind of thing especially if they have the same general friends...
    Jennifer_wells

Answer by Jennifer_wells at 9:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I cant even say all of the horrible things I said to my brother growing up.... how mean I was to him and how mean he was to me.... it was just awful

as soon as we grew up we became very close and now us and our spouses hang out all the time together
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my parents use to make us stand there and hug each other for like an hour or so
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• One foster home I was in, the parents would tape their kids together if they started fighting, and make them do chores, hard ones, while taped together. Now when I say taped, I mean wrist to wrist, and ankle to ankle, like in a three legged race. They would have to finish all the chores on the list. They would always start of bickering, but eventually would get tiered of fighting and work together to get the chores done.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2011