Well water??

does anyone know about it? is it okay? looking at getting a place that's got well water
just wondering..thanks

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have WELL WATER, and we love it. We did have it tested and it had some iron in it , but not enough to do harm in the long run but we put in a Rain Soft system and it makes it pure well water. My husband was raised on well water and he is perfectly fine and had beautiful teeth. Dr's try to get you to give your children floriude for their teeth, but I never did it. I tell them look at my husband teeth and he has been on well water since birth. LOL. Oh and just a little note IN THE SUMMER TIME IT IS COLD AS ICE COMING OUT OF THE HOSE. It will take your breath away. GL!!
    Gasburgmamax2

Answer by Gasburgmamax2 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would prefer it over city water. And the flouride thing can be debated. :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• depends on where you are, the filtration system and the type of well. find out if it is drilled or bored.
    we have well water, that gets murky with hydrogen sulfide about twice a year.
    Once it runs clear again, I find no problem with it mostly because we have a pretty good filtration system on it and a strong pump.
    You need a really good filtration system at the pump, BEFORE it enters your house. Once it enters your house, trying to filter it then with anything is fruitless, your pipes will begin to break down and corrode. GL!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• growing up we only had well water. i loved it. now i have city water and it is disgusting and at times i swear i can smell chlorine in it. its awful. i miss my well water

jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My grandma had a well and I loved the taste of it, that being said now days with fertilizer, pesticides and stuff, it is very important to have your water tested, also you need to make sure that the well is not in danger of becoming dry, the cost of having the city come and hook you up could honestly be thousands of dollars depending on how far the line is away from your home,,before you buy, make sure you have all of this checked out!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have never had it, but I know alot of people who did. I dont like it, I swear there is a distinct iron smell to it.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I can't stand well water. It smells like rotten eggs and tastes like you sucked on a penny!! NASTY!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You'll need to let your pediatrician/dentist know and get fluoride drops for your children. Otherwise, it can be very good.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well water is fine, you will have to get it tested periodically and go from there.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We had well water growing up and it was far better than ANY water Ive had since. There was no sulphur smell or metallic taste. Just make sure you have the water checked before you buy.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011