Flouride: for it or against it?

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 9:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Against it! In fact, I posted this a while back. EVERY parent should know this stuff...

The Dangers of Fluoride & Fluoridation

Fluoride is NOT SAFE! And there is simply no reason for it. This country does not suffer from fluoride deficencies, and wouldn't even if we stopped adding it to water & toothpastes! People stopped loosing their teeth because they started taking better care of them and are better educated about their health, not because there is fluoride in everything...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• FOR IT - all those kids that are drinking bottled water instead of their tap water - are getting more cavities than they used to.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I was a dental assistant for years and now I work in public water. The amount of flouride added to your drinking water is regulated and safe! It has been proven to prevent cavities, tooth loss, and tooth decay. In many municipalities it has been added for 50+ years! If it was causing health problems even long term health problems, we would know it by now! If you use well water than you should definitely use a flouride rinse daily!!! Check with your municipality you may be using well water and not even know it! Well water is the easiest to clean and distribute but should be tested constantly. Most well distribution does not have flouride added, just chlorine. Chlorine is alot more harmful to your teeth than flouride and it's use is Also regulated. If you are still concerned about your drinking water check online. Your municipality has to post thier test results quarterly!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We have it in our water, and the toothpaste we buy. Fluoride treatments IMO, from the dentist are not needed. As another posted has stated, too much can leave white spots on the teeth. It has for my older son.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It can be a good thing in water and definitely good in toothpaste. Im for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• iam for it
    amber8406

Answer by amber8406 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• it's okay in your tooth paste I dont allow the school to give it to my kids. Too much is not good.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• many places in the US have flouridated water on tap, you should check if you are against it. I know my county doesn't so I get my son flouride drops. I am all for it. Flouride now, less dental bills later . SOunds great to me
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• to much fluoride can cause white spots on teeth(i have a pure white spot on one of my top teeth), but other then that i guess im for it....never heard anything to make me be against it
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Very much for it. Of course, it has to be moderated. I remember the cavities kids use to have.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011