A little concerned

Okay, I posted earlier about my son getting his 2 month shots yesterday. I finally got him to where he is eating but now he can't keep it down. After every feeding he vomits it back up. Should I be worried about it or just wait and see if it lets up tommorrow?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I might call the ped and ask. Since he's a newborn, it is okay to check in . . . how are his diapers? Is he still peeing?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would call the doctor... You shouldn't have waited this long. Even if its just a mild allergic reaction the doc needs to know so he can possible give him a different version of the vaccine (if there is one). I don't know if you should be stressing but you should definatly be calling the doctor... call the answering service. with all the vomiting the last thing you want is for him to get dehydrated.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Not as much, he seems to be having a hard time farting and pooping. I think I changed his diaper less then 5 times today.
    charmd18

Comment by charmd18 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would go ahead and page the doc. Don't feel like you are bothering them . . . newborns are exceptions .. .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• get ahold of the dr. on call. Also, Mylicon drops (or store brand) helps a lot with farting- you have to give it regularly (2-4 times a day) and every day for it to be effective- it usually takes about a day to start helping the farts come out.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would be calling the doc and telling them that if they don't submit it to VAERS you will (which you can do) as a possible reaction to his vaccinations. Part of the issue with vaccinations is that it is hard to tell if things are linked and that it is estimated that only about 10% of the people report things like this. It may be minor, but it is a possible reaction. If he is vomiting I would be more concerned with making sure he stayed hydrated at the present time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I doesn't hurt to call and ask questions. Good luck with the little guy.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladys for the responses. I have called and getting him in to have checked out.
    charmd18

Comment by charmd18 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'd have called by now. I'd have called this morning.
    Anonymous