Restraining order on behalf of my 3 yr old?

My daughters father has done so much to my daughter and I and have put us through alot. If I didnt post annoymous you would be able to see all the questions I post on him.

well my daughters school told me that he has been going to her school interrupting class. He lies to the office and says he has a meeting with the teacher and goes in interrupting. he has been found roaming the schools. I was called today because he tried pickinig her up from school. He has filed visitiation and NEVER shows the one time he showed was a yr after the order was set and he randomly picks her up from school without notifying me. He took my daughter out the school without the teeachers knowing. I waited a good 4hrs to find out if she was ok and where she was. He did not let me have contact with her for 3 days. I could not do anything, the courts, lawyers and police says its fine. He has a severe mental illness. He has been progressively been detoriating right before my eyes. Like his mother says he is a high fuctioning mentally ill person. well back to the school. The school called and said he went to the school and was whispering in my daughters ear and wouldnt leave. He also has been screaming and yelling at the teacher for no reason. The principal at the school called and told me that he has been calling the teacher everyday leaving messages telling her to call him and to call him at home at night. The teachers and admin are so uncomfortable with him. I dont know what to do.
people say well he has not harmed her so he isnt a threat but I can put up with this much longer and do not want this at my daughters school.

I called the court and they told me I can file for a restraining order on my daughters behalf and just hope that it is granted.

Can I really do this with the expectation that it will be granted ?

not to mention there is a long history of domestic issues between he and I.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you file it, and they grant it, and he still shows up, he'd be arrested. So yeah, I'd do it. Protect the child.
    Anonymous

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am definitely filing and have already scheduled myself to leave work early tomorrow to file it. I am just not sure if they will grant it because he has visitations and that he has not harmed her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would do it so she is not physically harmed but mentally she is going to be do whatever you have to, to make that happen.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• get letters from the school mental abuse is harm and why cant the school keep him away from there the way he is acting
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• They may not grant the order on behalf of your daughter, but maybe the school should file one if they need to. They should also be reporting his behavior to the police. Good luck!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• where i live you can it seems you have the school on your side with him being disruptive. Make sure that school knows the issue and doesn't allow him to take her and leave.
    Betsy5

Answer by Betsy5 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes youll get the restraining order IF you apply for it. In the mean time whats wrong with your damn school? They ARE NOT supposed to let NON custodial parents IN the school! Tell the school YOUR the only one to pick your child up or take her out of school and to call the police if the ex shows up! He's kidnapped her in the eyes of the law taking your kid and keeping you from contact for 3 days!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• vbruno...

I did inform them to NEVER release her to anyone. The office, the teachers and afterschool coordinators all have a copy of my letter and that is what caused them to call me today because the TA over heard him saying to my daughter that he was going to pick her up at the end of school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011