Different size top and bottom

My son has a large size difference between his shirt and pants. He wears a 12 month onesie but 3-6 month pants,the pants are a little short but any bigger and they are too long or just fall off.

Is this normal? and if your babies are too where do you buy pants that aren't in a set?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 9:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's very normal... some kids are long and skinny some are shot and stocky... and some are in between.. clothes sizes are just a guideline what what might fit but you just have to figure it out as you go and your baby grows. You'll also find that some brands work a lot better than others for your child.
    My son is 2 years old now he wears 18-24 month shorts but needs 3-4T pants! We can never buy clothing that are a set... the pants never work.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No clue good luck : )
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Happens all the time with my son only he is tall and skinny so I need pants that are about 2 sizes to big in the waist to handle the length and his shirts are about 2 sizes smaller then the pants too. He is currenlty wearing a size 5 shirt and if it wwere just the waist 5 pants, but for length I need a size 6 almost 7. You can find seperates in just about any store even for the infant clothes.. I go by height when buying clothes for my son and most sizes will have a little tag or sign somewhere in the store telling the height and weight for each size.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My son is exactally the same way. He just turned 1 this week and is now finally almost in the same size top as bottoms. For the longest time I had the same problem. I just didnt buy 2 piece outfits. Go to carters and buy 4-5 different colored pants in his size that way they go with almost anything.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We don't really have a Carter's around here but I'll check Gymboree
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yeah my dd is like that! 12month top 24month pants but only from the length i have to safety pin then to make them smaller lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My daughter's pants I have to put a small tuck in each side - fortunately my mom and MIL both sew so they do it and it's barely noticeable.

Answer by missanc at 8:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2011