Has anyone had a vaginal ultrasound? what was it like? (never had one)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• No big deal. Just a skinny rod, you get used to it. More comfortable than a speculum that's for sure. I still get them from time to time because I have PCOS.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i did just 2 days ago.. its not that bad.. its a long stick type thing.. it dont hurt tho.. its cool how well you can see your baby at such a early stage..
    1sandy

Answer by 1sandy at 10:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes, it wasn't bad. I was 4 weeks along so they had to in order to see anything. It's also a good way to get an accurate due date.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Had one with my daughter because of an unexplained miscarriage before her. No biggie. More comfortable than a pap exam.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Its ICKY to say the least!!! The device is shaped like a dildo!!! You sit on the table with your feet in stirrups and the tech inserts the wand and yes angles it around. It's a weird U.S to get but you'll survive it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• To be completely honest....it's like a dildo except they use a ton of lube, lol. Not painful at all, kind of cold and slightly uncomfortable is all, lol. Picture is way clearer and better though, so worth it to me just for that.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i have to have one due to menstral problems i'm not preggo
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Had one and it's not a big thing. No pain with all that gel on it. A few minutes and its over.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had one and the tech hurt me so bad and she didn't even apologize, she was like ooppps. Other than that I would think they are much better, or at least they should be.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i had one in the beginning of my pregnancy because i had some vaginal bleeding, it was before i had been to a doctor so they wanted to know an accurate due date. it wasnt bad, just felt gross and awkward! lol but not as bad as a pap thats for sure!
    jdish

Answer by jdish at 10:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011