Clarifying shampoo?

Apparently because I have well water I need to use a clarifying shampoo before dying my hair. How do I find one? Anyone know of any brand, place (p.s. I'm cheap so I'm hoping Walmart carries them)?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Walmart doesn't carry clarifying shampoos, at least the proper one you should use before coloring. If you want something that isn't garbage but is affordable try Paul Mitchells Shampoo Three, it's only like $9-$11 and leaves the hair pretty soft for removing build up. Just google a salon in your area to see who carries it. Cheap clarifiers remove things that need to stay in the hair along with the build up, causing breakage and tangling.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• tressemee and pantane herbal essenses...
    Anonymous

• There is usually a salon in Walmart called Smart Styles, you could probably find something really affordable there! Oh I meant to tell you. When you use it, put it on and leave it for about 15 minutes with a shower cap on for a really good clarifying treatment. But don't do it with a cheap clarifyer, you'll pay! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thank you! I am frugal, but i don't want to be too cheap. I'm trying to aviod a hair disaster. I have blonde highlights but they're yellowing and I won't redo them because I'm pregnant but I'm 31 weeks now and between the yellowing of my blonde and the white streaks coming through my roots I want a change asap.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You want to be frugal but not cheap - head to a local sally beauty supply and see what they say.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• OMG please don't take advice from Sally beauty supply, 90% of them aren't licensed or even in school. They are just cashiers. And Sally's sells cheap knock offs for the same price you would pay for Paul Mitchell. They act like they know stuff, that they have no clue about. I've been to stores all over the country. They aren't even legally supposed to be giving you advice.

I have seen people cussing out the cashier for telling them to use bleach on their hair and it fell out. I watched one girl, whom I know for a fact is unlicensed telling a woman who barely spoke english to mix bleach and color and put it on her head. The lady could barely understand her to begin with.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011