My MIL talks so much shit about me around my son would it be wrong if i suggested she couldn't see my son because of that ?

She calls me a W**** , B****, she says if i was to jump off a bridge she wouldn't give a sh*t , she denied my child from the getgo saying that wasn't her grandchild and all this junk. And now she calling me names in front of my son and saying i was raised in a bubble because i don't want no one cursing in front of my son??? really

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried talking with her about not doing that. If so then I would not allow her to see him alone.
    dapo

Answer by dapo at 10:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Tell MIL to respect your son by keeping her mouth shut or to get lost.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• WOW what does your husband say?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• he tells her mom cut it out she'll continue to do what she wants
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would not allow my son to be around anyone who talked about anyone I cared about like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If my MIL ever did something like that (and bless her sweet heart, I know she wouldn't) I'd definitely not let her see my kids. I wouldn't even bother having a talk with her because, well, she's a flippin adult and should KNOW BETTER!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sounds like hub needs to put his foot down with her. He needs to tell her that she needs to respect you and your child or she will NEVER see your son EVER again. Would he be willing to do this?

PS My MIL had been trying for years to get my husband to divorce me because, in her words, I was a gold digger, no good mother, etc. (Yeah, I met him he was a meat cutter for Sam's Club making barely more than minimum wage...yeah, I'm a gold digger alright!) He finally told her that if she said one more nasty comment or tried to break us up, she would NEVER see her grandbabies again. And guess what? She's been nothing but sweet and kind to me since.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You really need your hubby to back you up on this and it would be best if it came from him. Swearing aside, it's the things she says about you ... they're awful. You need to get your hubby to see that it's not just that you don't like it, but that it's not good for your son to be hearing that stuff about his mom. Ask him what he'd do if it was a stranger on the street or a co-worker or friend who started saying things like that about you to your son. What would his reaction be then? Would that person still be allowed to see you and your son? Would they be allowed in your life?

In the end though, you have to do what you have to do. And that may mean putting your foot down about this. Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my own dad talks to me like that, im really thinking about not letting him see my son when he's born, i dont want my son around that stuff

but i would either just not have your kids around your MIL or talk to her about it
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 11:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Nope, My hubby is close with his mom, but he would NEVER let that happen, im with you, id never let her around my kids, or me for that matter
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011