Feeling Really Emotional-Need Help!!

So, i was the vice president of my high school class. The president is a guy who is really busy, and i am going to be heading up a class reunion. The onlt problem is there was a guy in my senior class i really don't want to talk to. I was a good bit heavier my senior year (for multiple reasons mostly including emotional eating) and there was an incident on our senior trip that makes me not want to contact him ever again. We were waiting to go into the white house, and i was talking to a group of the guys in my class. They were all friendly, and i had talked to all of them on a daily basis except one. He was a "popular" guy that had been stuck by my locker because of alphabetical order. He never really ever spoke to me, and i felt like i wasn't important enough to talk to him. I had really low self esteem, but i tried to hide it. Well, i lost my balance slightly, and accidentally put my hand on his shoulder to steady myself, and he jumped away with a disgusted look on his face and said "Get your hands off me!" i was upset, i felt like he was just doing it because he felt i was fat and ugly, and i said it wouldn't hurt him if i touched him fat wasn;t contagious, i said "See!" and i touched his arm with one finger. And then he punched me. On the arm, and hard enough to leave a slight bruise and bring tears to my eyes. I just stood there about to cry and not knowing what to do, and the other guys shuffled away, loking really uncomfortable. He looked at me again, pointed his finger and said "I told you not to touch me, don't do it again!" i just turned around and walked by myself for about fifteen minutes before i found my friends. I didn't tell anybody because i was embarassed that my weight had caused someone to hate me to the point of physically harming me. I know it's been 10 years, but those same feelings are there, and i really don't know how to handle it. I have to contact this person, and i'm still feeling those feelings of embarassment and fear, and i am so upset i don't know how to handle it. I really wish i knew what to do. I know he is married and settled in life, and he might be different, but ever time i think about having to correspond with him, i still feel like that un-sure over-weight girl he hates enough to hit. Please, if you have any advice or ideas let me know i am deperate to over come this.

Ms.Wendy83

Asked by Ms.Wendy83 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Do not communicate on a personal level. Send out a general announcement. Have the secretary be the contact person. He probably does not even remember.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Regardless of what happened, he still had no right to hit you. But if you didn't tell anybody, nobody else will know. Have you married since then? If you have a different last name he probably won't even know who you are. Find his address online and send it to him, you can do this with most people.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• As a chubby girl, I feel for you. I can imagine how hurt you were because I've been there. I can't believe he would hit you though and it's a shame that you didn't tell someone about it for him to experience a consequence of doing so. All I can say is be as professional as you can and pretend it never happened if you have to correspond with him. Maybe he's not a dickwad anymore, maybe he doesn't remember it. Best wishes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i would skip him on the list. just say oh wow, totally forgot to invite you. my bad.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011