WOULD YOU LIKE BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM?

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 7 MONTHS AND HE DOESNT WANT ME TO WORK HE WANTS ME TO WATCH THE BABY BUT IM USED TO BEING OUT AND ABOUT EITHER AT SCHOOL OR WORK

KColeman90

Asked by KColeman90 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I was in the same boat. I had a very active social life (school,, work) before i had DD. But staying home with her is the best thing i have ever done. I know the feeling yare having..
    Do yhave any frends that are moms too? I have quite a few and we have playdates all the time. I get to get out, have some adult conversation, gossip, ask for advice... It helps a lot.
    Also, make sure you make time for YOU. If yant to keep gping to school, why not take 1 class this semester, instead of a full load? You will still get out, do something for you, and still be home with baby,
    Being a SAHM is a major adjustment, for some like me, and you. Sometimes its hard, and it feels isolating too. Just make sure you still take time for yourself, and remember that being a mommy and raising your child is the best thing in the world, and many moms CANT stay at home and would LOVE the chance to.
    Good luck.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife for over 21 years. I couldn't imagine going back to working full time at this point.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• WOULD I? I am a SAHM and I absolutely LOVE it!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I tell you what.. I love being a stay at home mom. I get to stay at home all day with my favorite little ones. I am also in school, on-line. So when the kids nap or are otherwise occupied I am able to do my school work. There is nothing that I would rather do than stay at home with my kids. When they are all in school it will be a different story though. By the time they are all in school I will be out of school, and starting my career. Enjoy it while you can.
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 11:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Personally I'd be miserable at it. If you're unhappy, your family will be unhappy.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I've been home with the kids for 13 years. I have worked part time for the past 8 years or so, but I am mostly home. It was hard, especially at first, especially with my oldest. He was a severe reflux kid who was and still is very demanding. My other 2 are more relaxed and easy going, which definitely helped.

Over the years, as they grow, I've developed hobbies and interests to keep me entertained when they are doing their own thing and/or playing quietly/reading or at school. My DH wanted for me to not have to work, and I don't HAVE to, I work PT because it gets me out of the house, but I can still be home if someone is sick or the 6 yr old has a seizure (has epilepsy.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and I absolutely love it. It has it's ups and downs, but overall, it's great. I have a lot of freedom. I can plan my day exactly how I want it. I have no boss. I can enjoy the sunshine as much as I like. I never have to be stuck inside. The options are endless on how I can spend my days. But, my favorite part, is spending the entire day with my son and not missing a moment. We are so close and have a lot of fun together.

I think that being a SAHM is what you make of it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I like being a stay at home mom but it would be nice to have some time away from the kids.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Just because you are a "stay at home mom" doesn't mean you have to stay home lol. I have been a stay at home mom for almost 4 years, but we are ALWAYS out doing things, park, play dates, library, dance lessons, ect. I wouldn't want to do anything else than what I am doing now! I personally love being a stay at home mom, but not everyone does! Its a personal choice I think
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I loved working as an RN, and miss it from time to time.. but nothing beats being home with my kids. Recently, I have found a great business that allows me to WORK at home now as well, so I feel that i have the best of both worlds! I can be home with my kids, and work when they are napping, or in the evening after they've gone to bed! I stressed too much over my kids safety when I was working out of the home... even though I knew they were in good hands.. that's just how I am! :)
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011