Another cavities question.

My dentist told me that my daughter had a few cavities, I decided to fill two of them but haven't filled the other two because all I keep hearing is that it's a waste of money since her teeth are going to fall out soon anyway. What should I do? I have changed her diet, and her brushing habits and I'm very on top of her teeth now. Do you think I should fill the other two? When do baby teeth usually fall?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, it isn't a waste of money.....cavities in baby teeth can and will cause cavities in adult teeth BEFORE they surface!!! Always, Always, ALWAYS have cavities fixed!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I be worried about these cavities becoming infected or absessed. That would caused un-necessary pain. I'd have her teeth fixed and it can cause more problems with her adult teeth.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have had 3 dentists tell me that if they are simply surface cavitites there is no need to fill them. When they beome deeper then there is the chance they can affect the adult teeth. I did not get my son's teeth in the back filled, but I did have someon the front done since tehre was also some staining that it covered too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my son just had one filled and goes back in may for the 2nd one.... i asked the dentist this very question about is it worth it bc when i was 10 i had a cavity my mom had it filled then a week later my tooth fell out so that was to me rather pointless. My son is 4 and since it is his back tooth he has those until around 10 to 12 years of age so I DEF got it filled.
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2011