Cicumcise??

we don't know the gender yet...but i'm wondering if we should or not. I actually want to and my husband does too. but just wondering how many of ya'll have circumcised your son(s)? How did it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had my son circumcised. It went really well, he wasn't fussy at all after it.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i did it bc its cleaner.. I heard if its not done then it may smell (as an adult). a lot of kids dont clean it right and it may get infected. Evlen when they baby is little mamas sometimes dont clean it right and it gets infected. I honestly dont see a positive side of not doing it.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I did because my husband was not and even though I don't mind he always has and has always wished his parents had gotten him circumcised.
    Anonymous

• We had both of our boys circumcised. They did great. Ultimately, it is yours and your DH's decision. We are Jewish, and somewhat observant. There is no way we would have considered not doing it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I know that some people DON'T because of their religion, both our boys ARE... it's a quick procedure and is very beneficial to their hygiene in the future!! Most Doctors do/should medicate/numb baby's penis for the procedure so it shouldn't hurt them! You can always ask them what their procedure involves... and what they use for numbing.

Caring for it afterward is very simple. Keep it clean and lubricated so the raw area doesn't rub on their diaper!
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My son was circumcised and it went fine. He slept through most of it, actually. He was numb during and healed quickly after. I researched it and discovered that contrary to what is popular belief, there actually ARE health benefits of circumcision. It's particularly necessary, but there can be a lot of benefits. Of course there is a small percentage of a risk, but you just have to decide for yourself what you feel is best.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies!! We are definitely getting it done if we have a boy :) My DH said that if he wasn't circumcised he would feel really awkward about it, so it's a must. Plus the whole health benefits and hygiene.....yeah def doing it :) haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It is best done . If not there can be problems arising later even in young adulthood - my husband had it done before we married and it is of course a longer and more painful operation later in childhood and for an adult. Personal hygiene is easier and the incidence of
    infections is much less when the foreskin is removed .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We did not. I was going to at first, because that's all I knew, but then I did my research and found that there is no good reason to have it done. I'm glad I didn't do it just because. Plus, my husband didn't want to do it.
    Anonymous

• I did with all 3 of my boys. I dated guys that had skin and if they didn't keep it really clean, it would smell awful. It was a not a big deal for any of my boys after it was done. My oldest one is now 15 and he said he is glad that he was cut.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011