Does anybody have a husband who won't talk back?

my husband and i have our up's and down's like anybody else but i'm very blunt and out spoken... so when something is bothering i let him know,but he never replies,never talks about problems,so they never really get fixed... and when something else comes up that angry or being upset from the last time comes up a little along with the newer problems. tell me im not alone, and if your husband does this, how did you handle the situation? is there a way to get him involved in a coversation,and to work out our problems?

luvmylilbear

Asked by luvmylilbear at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• We are the opposite he says what bothers him and I keep mine inside. Mainly bc the few times I voice how I feel he makes me feel as though its all my fault or makes me feel horrible for being upset.
    mommyofemeli

Answer by mommyofemeli at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Maybe do it in a less confrontational manner. If you come at him in an accusing way he's going to naturally shut down. That's what I do, so I know it's like a defense mechanism. You don't have to treat him like a baby, but when you get loud, or accusing, it's natural for some people to just ignore it, because they think you're not going to hear them anyway. jmo
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't really have this problem, my hubby is open to talk about our problems....maybe not always in the heat of the moment (because I get very emotional and start yelling lol) but after we've both calmed down we are usually able to sit down and discuss what happened and how to keep it from happening again.

Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i agree.. but i try 2 be civil and calm and he STILL doesn't answer or talk back... it feels like im talking 2 a wall.... and that def. does not help the situation or the relationship...
    luvmylilbear

Comment by luvmylilbear (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• me and my husband have met in the middle i voice what feel and think and if he dont like it we try and work things out..sometims i wish he would just shut up though, lol..
    dmkitchen

Answer by dmkitchen at 11:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my boyfriend is like that. its so annoying if its a topic he doesnt want to talk about or doesnt like he just ignores the comment all together. i feel the whole wall thing too. i couldnt give you any help with it because its still that way in my relationship. but im unhappy so i dont really care to fix much anymore. id say just to say what you have to say even if he doesnt respond. hes gotta listen. just dont badger. good luck i hope it changes for you
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• lol see i rather have him say something,ANYTHING!! that way i know he heard me and knows whats bothering me...but nope.. i feel so lost and like it wont last...which sucks causei love him 2 death,we've been together on and off since 11 years old lol been together since 16(not off and on) we've been married since 07' have a 4 year old son together. its like we've come this far, and been through alot with eachother and yet he cant talk about our problems or put any intrest into wanting to comfort me or make things right...ughh its emotionally and mentally exhausting.
    luvmylilbear

Comment by luvmylilbear (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am the guilty party there. I cannot handle conflict. This is my 2nd marriage, and there was so much fighting in my 1st marriage, screaming and yelling, that I just shutdown, do not say anything when my husband gets mad or starts a fight. I think it drives him nuts too.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• aww.. not that i like conflict i just like to resolve whats wrong or broken.. and he doesnt at all. its very aggravating, i see it like how can you not talk to your best friend and partner thats suppose to stick by your side for the rest of your life? ahhh! i've even brought up counseling...and no answer...
    luvmylilbear

Comment by luvmylilbear (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my ex boyfriend, never even asked why I wanted to end our relationship. It make me feel as if he never really cared about our relationship. I didn't want to argee with him but he could have at least asked, what went wrong or something. I agree, it's very annoying.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011