Always nauseous or extremely hungry-never anything inbetween!

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and it's my first pregnancy so I have no idea what it is I'm feeling or why I'm feeling it. I'm always either really nauseous or really hungry. I've been nauseous for the past week for about 75% of the time I'm awake. And when I'm not nauseous I feel like I'm starving but can only take chicken noodle soup (actually just the broth) and saltine crackers. Any other foods that I look at only makes me nauseous again :( Any suggestions??

hungrylilmee

Asked by hungrylilmee at 11:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If it gets real severe, to the point where you start losing weight, I'd talk to your OB about it. Maybe you can take some anti-nausea medication to help you keep down food, or at least eat something to nourish your growing baby! :) Try to keep healthy snacks easily accessible so that when you do have a desire to eat, you are eating healthy!

Hopefully this will pass soon!
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i was the same way at the beginning of my pregnancy too i am now almost 24 weeks and the first trimester was terrible! try drinking ginger ale and i could keep down buttered pasta, but ultimately the doctor had to give me a script for the nausea and the vomiting! Good luck
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks so much ladies! The ginger ale actually helps alot as long as I have it with ice. The nausea has backed off a bit. When I'm not nauseous I'm just really elated and super excited about the baby :)
    hungrylilmee

Comment by hungrylilmee (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011