Is your carseat installed properly

The highway patrol officer that does car seat inspection here says that about 90% of car seats are not installed safely/properly. I swore I had mine right... but there was a bunch of things that were wrong...

sarlove01

Asked by sarlove01 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• mine is in right.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yep. There's a woman in our county who CPS and the highway patrol sends you to if you want help with your child's carseat and I had her check mine. She was very pleased to see that I had it in correctly and the 5-point harness straps weren't too loose or too tight around DD.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think I do, I read all the instructions before I install my carseats and I went to a carseat check once and was told I did it right. I'm not really sure why so many people would have them wrong other than that they just don't care. None of my friends care, so maybe it's just 90% of people don't care.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well, I reread what you wrote and I guess you had some things wrong even though you do care. What kinds of things did you have wrong, if you don't mind saying.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• no problem mybella: I had the chest clip down too low, I did not have the right recline, i had the baby carrier handle in the wrong position and i was using the latch in a civics middle seat, which was wrong cause in that model you can not use the middle seat with latches cause there are only latch hooks for the two outboard seats and i was "borrowing" one from each side which is allowed.
    So, yeah, and i also faced my first forward at 1, which is ok, but not the safest option for him.
    sarlove01

Comment by sarlove01 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2011