HI EVERYONE. I JUST HAD A BABY ON NOVEMBER 20. IT WAS BY C SECTION. NOW I HAVE STERI STRIPS ON. I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG TILL THEY FALL OFF.

C-SECTION

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 5:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was scared to take mine off I left them on for 6 weeks until my OB took them off for me. I told him I wouldn't do it. Soak in the tub and they should come off easy.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 5:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Theyfall off on there own in the shower. the ones that are still there when you go for your check up your ob will take off. i think i had like 3 left.
    Anonymous

• I had to peel mine of a week after I was discgarged. If you wait for them to fall off it could cause infection underneath.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• As I was told by the discharging dr. in my notes
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I took mine off... they wouldn't fall off! lol I took them off about a week after I got them put on. I went to the doc today (he did a 2 week check up) and he said I'm doing really well and the cut is healing great! so I would say a week would be fine... thats when they told me to take mine off
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i took minne off like a week after i was discharged dont leave them just sit in a warm shower and soap up they will come off easy.
    Anonymous

• Do not touch them let them fall off I found out the hard way. My incision got infected from me touching it and trying to get the steri strips off. Just be paient and keep harsh soap away from the incision.Good luck and congrats!
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2008