How many women on here have been told they have Pcos and still have children. I was told by my doctor today that I had Pcos and I want to have babies. So I just want to know it is possible. How long did it take you? When did you find out?

I am 20 and surprised I have this, this young. My and my hubby want a baby so bad. we had a miscarriage in November and now this. Please any info is helpful! I am really worried. =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was diagnosed in dec of 09. I already had my kids, my twins i had may 22 triggered the disease. But my doctor out me on Metformin and said that it will help with fertility if I want to have more children. She said it balances out your hormones and many women with PCOS who are on it, do end up having children. Its a crappy disease and i HATE it so very much. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out for you guys!! you can PM me if you ever want to talk. Knowing I am not alone in this helps deal with it! Take care
    chrismom0306

Answer by chrismom0306 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had one after much trying. I'll be 21 later this year so I know it's hard because infertility gets this reputation of being a problem of 30+ year old women so people seem to not take it seriously in younger women.
    I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage we had one in December.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have it and have 3 children. It takes me 3 yrs each time to conceive. Ask whatever you need to.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am just really scared because i hear all these horror stories about this disease when i look it up on google. Thanks for all the support. I just really want a baby. what are you guys going through. what are your symptoms?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• they caught mine early they are still small. can I get some type of surgery to remove them or something?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've had PCOS for a very long time and I have 4 kids.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not me personally, but one of my friends has it and she has three boys.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I found out I had PCOS at 26 I did get pregnant again (i have 2 older kids before I got PCOS) at 31 it took years I gave up trying then found out I was pregnant again I never took the meds I did end up losing 47lbs before I got pregnant I'm not sure but I think that had alot to do with it.
    chunkyhoney78

Answer by chunkyhoney78 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• thanks for all the help and supports <3<3<3
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011