Names from a film

Husband likes Ariadne from Inception, don't know if we'll ever pronounce it correctly.

Kitkat61277

Asked by Kitkat61277 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Baby Names

• hm.. my husband has watched it a few times, i was always in an out of the room, i have no idea where to begin to say that name..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I like Eloise from 'Love Happens' & Andromeda from 'Clash of The Titans'
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If I can't pronounce it, I wouldn't use it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Cartman from southpark
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• the name caydence from shallow hal
    emwatson_81

Answer by emwatson_81 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i first saw my oldest daughter's name (farrah) on rock of love with brett micheals (not a film, but..)
    then all that stuff came on the news with farrah fawcet.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 2:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I named my daughter Scarlett after seeing an actress' name in the opening credits of the TV show "Reba". I also got her middle name, Abigail, from a character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives".
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• But yeah, I would not use a name that I can't pronounce correctly. I'm not even sure how to pronounce that name. lol.
    poptart0325

• It's Ah-ree-ahd-nee. Here is a little bit from Wikipedia:

Ariadne (Greek: Αριάδνη, Latin: Ariadna; "most holy", Cretan Greek αρι [ari] "most" and αδνος [adnos] "holy"), in Greek mythology, was daughter of King Minos of Crete,[1] and his queen Pasiphaë, daughter of Helios, the Sun-titan.[2] She aided Theseus in overcoming the Minotaur (actually her half-brother) and was the bride of the god Dionysus.[

My grandfather and his siblings were all named for characters in his parents' favorite opera. So if you like something from a movie, go for it. We got our son Rami's name from an commercial supporting Home Depot Olympic athletes. and then I remembered that one of my cousins is Rami, too. It means awesome, amazing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe it is pronounced ah-ree-AHD-nee...placing emphasis on the 3rd syllable. It was also the name of child character on the TV show Judging Amy. I think it is a beautiful name, but if you aren't prepared to correct people then pick something else. It boils down to your personality and how irritating you would find that.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011