Do some of you never have seen or talked to your doctor/OB?

Alright. Im not trying to be mean or anything. But some questions on here are just... I dont know. Women keep asking "is it ok when my chest hurts or my butt and im XX weeks pregnant?". Then women ask about their period not being regular and blah.

Serious. Do you guys NEVER talk to your doctors?! When you are pregnant dont you go to monthly check-ups? What are you doing there? Sleeping?

Of course it's nice to hear that others have/had the same problem and maybe have adive, but come on. I just read a question how long you need to wait until you can have sex again after giving birth. The doctor/OB/nurse/midwife, they ALL know the answer. Do you not talk to them after or before you give birth?!

If you feel insulted by this post, then im pretty sure you are one of them women im talking about. I'm very sorry to hurt your feelings.

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I'm getting the same thing, but not here. I have a friend who is pregnant for the first time, and she keeps calling me about this or that.
    She calls me because she trusts me. I'm glad she thinks that way of me, but .. if you don't know WHO do you call when you don't want to call the doctor?
    I would think you would have a trusted friend who has some sense about her.. but some of the questions here are extreemely ...

STUPID

for a better word. Is there no "common sense" in the world? The example of water running down your leg..
    Answer: It's either PEE or your water just broke and you need to go to the hospital.
    To decide which it is: Do you recognize when you're urinating? ie: PEEING .. or is this just a completely different sensation - you're NOT peeing and there is still liquid?
    PreciousRosebud

Answer by PreciousRosebud at 9:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ive often thought the same thing. while i was pregnant every time i saw my dr. i had a list of questions for her.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Some things, actually a LOT of things, slip my mind when I go to my doc, and I feel silly when I bring a notebook. But usually I just ask things on here to get other people's opinions and experiences. Plus I don't have a phone to call my OB about every little ache and pain. :P
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• But some things are ridiculous, like "My boobs hurt and I'm pregnant is this normal?" and "Something wet keeps running down my leg, is it my water?".....I mean come on...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008