What is the typical daily schedule like of MOST stay at home moms who have no transportation and a very active toddler(2-3)?

I need help getting on a good schedule & just knowing what order i should do everything everyday...me and my daughter need more structure & i think her being on a more strict schedule will help her in SO MANY ways just by knowing what to expect everyday & at what time. I am very creative & always coming up with new & fun things to try to do with her but she just doesnt cooperate(lack of attention span,terrible 2s,boredom,frustration of being stuck at home with me 24/7,i dont know) because my husband has to use the car all day at work we have no way of leaving the house & i have very few "friends" none of which live remotely close...we are desperate for frienship & change & i think a more strict schedule night help cause ive feel like ive tried everything! So please ladies tell me how your day goes & what u do with ur kids & what ur kids do with themselves or with u all day...any suggestions will be SOOO appreciated more than u know! Im really stuck in a rut & have no one to turn to for advice or help.thank u

MAMA-mia1

Asked by MAMA-mia1 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I couldnt live with out my car !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Kiddos get up at 7:30
    Breakfast is as soon as they are dressed
    Morning nap is 9:30
    Lunch is between 11:30 and 1
    afternoon nap is at 2
    snack is at 3:30
    dinner is at 6:30
    bed time is at 7:30
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Are there parks near you or anywhere you could get out and walk to? She might just like to be out in the fresh air. Even if there isn't anything close by, you could always go on nature walks and point out things to your child or have picnics...just a few suggestions. We have a similar situation now with my husband always having our one vehicle, but the advantage is that I live on post (we're Army) so almost everything I need is within walking distance. As for the new creative things you're doing - keep doing them! That is so great that you try to interact with her on a creative level on a regular basis. Keep working at it and eventually she'll respond. Practice expanding her attention span by reading books to her and such. For the schedule, I wish I could help you, but I'm one of those creative types, too...schedules and I do not mix easily so I'm the last to get advice from on that lol. Good luck hun!
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 8:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• When I was a SAHM we had breakfast and play time. Then it was time to do any thing needed around the house. I always made the kids my "big helper" to do this stuff like loading the dishwasher, the dryer, folding clothes etc. if they wanted to join me or they played by themselves nearby. Then we went outside until lunchtime if the weather was good. After lunch was naptime but the kids gave up their nap at age 2. They had a quiet time if no nap. Then it was time for a snack and any afternoon activities or playing outside if we didn't get out in the morning (or we did it twice). Then dad came home, it was supper, family time, and bedtime. I did have a car. I would encourage you to try to get a car and your license if you don't have one or find ways to get to the local library's storyhour, etc. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2011