Irritibility with PMS.

i seem to have a real problem with irritibilty from PMS. right before my period every month, along with all the other fun stuff like crying about everything, stomach cramps, etc i get SOOOO irritible two or three days before i start my period.
like MEAN irritble. i HATE it. i feel HORRIBLE. idk if its just the PMS or if its related to depression (which i have been diagnosed with, but am not being medicated for)

if you have this issue how do you cope? are there any vitamins that help or something to add to my diet?

does anyone know what causes this symptom?

thanks ladies

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Here is a good website on PMS and things to do to help.http://health.yahoo.net/channel/premenstrual-syndrome-pms_treatments

I know for me caffeine make mine worse.  Hope you get some relief soon.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yesterday i went to see my doctor about this. for me my whole pms starts 3-4 days ahead. stomach cramps, irritability, hating everyone/ everything, just being mean. though i really try not to, i just lose it on any stupid thing. and major stomach pain. she told me to take a blood test and i'm waiting on the results. so we'll just see, if u're interested, pm me in a couple days and i'll tell u my results.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I totally get the same way and I do yoga and meditation and eat good and work out and then I feel better plus my multivitamin and Fish Oil
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I get that too, and I hate it as well. I'm on meds for my depression, and I'll be going back to the doc for a recheck later this month, so I'm going to talk to him about it and see what he says. Sometimes it feels like I'm crazy with the mood swings and crying at the drop of a hat! It's terrible :/
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It's just hormones and all the crap in our foods that we often times can't avoid, preservatives, chemicals, pesticides, processed stuff, added hormones, dyes - it's awful and when it's our time of the month when our hormones are surging, all the toxins in our bodies make it worse on us.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 8:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• talk to your dr
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011