He's been my friend for years, there's always been chemistry but there's also always been a girlfriend....what's up with this?

He and I met 6 years ago and we've been pretty good friends for 5 years. I wouldn't say we were super close but close enough to hang out quite often and tell each other things we didn't tell many others.

There's always been some chemistry between us but for the past two years he's been dating this girl...they only see each other once every 1-2 weeks and when I asked if he loved her he said "i guess" and when I asked why he was with her he said "I honestly don't know, there aren't too many reasons to stay with her but there also aren't many reasons to leave her either"

The past two times we've hung out he was really cuddly with me and I'm starting to get uncomfortable cause he does have a girlfriend...I just don't understand it. Why would he cuddle with me and stuff and not break up with the girl that he's obviously not that in to?

Should I talk to him about it or just let it go?

I feel like i'm starting to really like him but I don't want to cause of the girlfriend situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe you should distance yourself from him a while until he makes a grounded decision about whether or not he likes you or the girlfriend. Make it less complicated for him. Because anything that starts in chaos always ends in chaos.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• next time he tries to cuddle, laugh and jokingly point out that he has a gf... maybe that will spur a conversation about it?
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• oh yeah, and if you do decide you like like him, tell him that he has a good reason to break up with her if he wants to try dating... say it lightheartedly so that he can either take you seriously or laugh it off, then you'll know how he feels.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This happened to me. The guy or I always I another lover. When we were both single, we were horrible for each other. Our friendship has pretty much ended, and I found out that he is alcoholic. I hope if you do decide to go for it just be-careful.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'd definitely put some distance between myself and the friend. I am not one to break up a relationship, and I don't want to be anyone's mistress either.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I agree with Imogine. Maybe distancing yourself will make him see that he'd rather be with you instead of the GF.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2011