When are you too old ...to have a baby?? What age range is best to conceive?

Mluvs7

Asked by Mluvs7 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Women are having babies in their 40's and some even later, I am not sure that there is a too old. *** your are most fertile in your 20's. to early 30.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It all depends on how you feel and if you think you're up to running after a toddler all day and never sleeping much more than a couple hours for at least a few yrs lol! I guess I would have to say I do not agree with people in there 60's and 70's (although rare) having babies though....that's a little late to enjoy in my opinion.
    MegEdTy

Answer by MegEdTy at 1:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You're "too old" when you can't get pregnant anymore naturally (meaning ovulate on your own). That's my personal opinion. I know I've heard of some women in their 50's who have got IVF. I think if your body can't do it on its own, that's a sign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• LOL
    Mluvs7

Comment by Mluvs7 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I agree with once they can no longer conceive naturally...however, they also need to look into their risks of age related birth defects, and even the mothers health. Gestational diabetes, and pre-eclampsia are higher in older women. But, as long as, to the parents, the pros outweigh the cons... Go for it!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Too old I don't know about. Best time 20-35. After age 35 your chances of a down's baby go up and continue to go up every year after. Not that it matters, but we should be aware. So it really just depends on the woman. Once you stop ovulating you are too old I suppose.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• ur to old when ur body wont produce kids anymore
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Menopause will let you know it's time to hang up your ovaries.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• "You're "too old" when you can't get pregnant anymore naturally (meaning ovulate on your own). That's my personal opinion. I know I've heard of some women in their 50's who have got IVF. I think if your body can't do it on its own, that's a sign."

Idiot. It's people like you that piss me off.

I couldn't ovulate on my own in my 20's, and needed help with some fertility treatments. Everyone's body is different. I have a healthy child. If a woman can get pregnant (and isn't going through menopause) then she is not too old. Whether or not a woman can ovulate, doesn't necessarily have to do with whether or not she can get pregnant. Lot's of women don't ovulate naturally, get some help, and get pregnant.

I really wish some people would educate themselves before opening their mouths.

Anonymous