Have you ever bunion?

If yes, how old were you when you got it?

I got my first one at 23.

shynu

Asked by shynu at 1:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Yes, I have bunions on both feet. I have had them since being a teen. It is hereditary for me. I wish I had the worst one operated on years ago as it is getting painful and bothersome now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Bunions are often heredity. I noticed mine when I was about 13 and over the years they have progressively have gotten worse. It looks as if my son has the same trait. I started to noticed a slight bunion in his feet 5 years ago. He's almost 10 now-so I noticed his when he was 5. I can see it and so can my husband, it's just so slight, but most people don't notice it on my son's feet. I'm hoping that time goes by it won't be severe from him like it has been for me. I'm at the point where I NEED to have surgery to correct the pain I have in my feet. I'm 31 (almost 32). My mother and grandmother all have/had bunions as well. My grandmother had surgery a few year back to correct hers. My mom has yet to have done anything about hers.....
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My mom nor dad have them. But I am flat footed & has surgery on my left arch at 10 & the bunion is worse on that foot. I read women get them 10 times more than men. Yay! Lol
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• nope
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No, thank goodness, I hear they are very painful.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011