How did you make a friend on this site?

I don't have many friends. The friends I do have are from my old life and don't have kids. So they want me to go out drinking and partying, which most of the time, I cannot. I have a new life now. So I would like to have a new mom best friend but don't know where to look. Silly I know. But can you tell me how you met new friends or if you found your best friend on this site like I've heard of happening, how?

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 5:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I've made a lot of friends just by being around the same parts of the site every day. The same people tend to answer the same questions I do, and so the majority of us get along really well. If you want to find friends in your general area, there are a lot of playdate groups you could join :D But mostly I've met people just by being active on the site and in my groups. The more active you are and the more you read, write, and respond to stuff, the people you'll meet and connect with.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i've made friends by answering and asking questions. alot of these ladies are happy to get to know people who have shared in someone elses experiences. if you can relate to someone, its easier to strike up conversation. try that.
    flying8balls21

Answer by flying8balls21 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well I'm on here a lot and I guess I stand out with my questions and answers so I get attention. (at least that's what people tell me) That's how I met my best friend pinkclover on here. She even found the hospital I gave birth in and called me! I'm sending a christmas card for her!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I found a friend just by answering a question and mentioning where I live. Mom's from all over my area pm'd me. Plus I met one that went to school with my DH and his sibs and she now lives in Florida but we chat daily. PM me if you want I would love to get to know you better.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I met some friends on here cause we share alot of the same interests.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Join some groups that have similar interest as you, and maybe through there you will strike something?
    livn4betterdayz

Answer by livn4betterdayz at 10:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008