How to put my baby early to sleep?

Hi, My 3years old son doesn't sleep early at night and so wakes up late in the morning. i want to develop his habbit of sleeping early so that he can wake up eary morning for school/day care.

Any tips please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you're going to have to wake him up at the time you want him up, say 7am. Then keep him busy all day so when it's bedtime, say 8pm, he will be so tuckered out that he will willingly go to sleep. Then the next day wake him up at 7am, and start all over again.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If he is still napping during the day it can be a reason he is up later at night. Stop his naps if that is the case. And try the Supernanny approach for bedtime. After your bedtime routine.....reading books, cuddling, etc tell him it is time to sleep and then tell him you will be close by. Sit on the floor with your back to the bed and if he gets up calmly put him back to bed. Do not talk. You may have to do it over and over, and for several nights, but do not talk. If you decide to leave the room be prepared to put him back to bed over and over but the no talking still applies. Stay calm. You pick the bedtime that is reasonable like 7:30 or 8 PM. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would suggest moving his bedtime 10 minutes earlier every few days until he is going to bed at the time you prefer. That way it is a gradual change! Good luck!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would make a bed time routine then move it back 15 min. My son who turns 3 todays' bed time is 8:00, He wakes up at 6:30. He takes a 1 hour at 1:00.
    my4boys310

Answer by my4boys310 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• when i want my son to go to bed i send him to his room and let him watch a movie until he goes to sleep. that's if he was not acting up before then. but if he acts up before then i just send him to bed, tuck him in and give him a hug and he just lays there until he goes to sleep
    Chunky_Dynamic

Answer by Chunky_Dynamic at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011