Is it normal?

Hi, I conceived baby on 5th April, 2011. Quite early stage of pregnancy:). I want to find out that i have cramps in my lower part of abdominal. The pain is like when a women has during their menstrual cycle. Is this nromal or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It can be very normal! Your uterus is already growing! If they intensify or you spot....call you obgyn. Otherwise, I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• normal. it's the hormones and your uterus growing. if you experience any bleeding with the pain then i'd be sure to contact your doctor asap. it's called "round ligament pain"
    kyleighsmama07

Answer by kyleighsmama07 at 7:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have heard " round Ligament Pain" starts in the second trimester... isnt it very early? and i m just 9 days pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I dont think its ligament pain yet... it could be implantion, which can also cause cramps this early. but it is normal.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had round ligament pain very early, but there were no cramps. It was a pulling pain. That was with my second pregnancy. With my first I had sore abdominals around 6-8 weeks as my uterus actually stretched my muscles out of shape from the inside. It felt exactly like I had done too many sit-ups for about a week to 10 days, but again no cramping. From what I understand cramping is very normal.  It may be from the increase of fluids rushing to build a placenta.  Good luck and have fun.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had severe cramping in the beginning of the pregnancy. I thought I was having another miscarriage but turns out it was normal to have cramping so early in pregnancy. I also had implantation bleeding which did freak me out but it turned out it was nothing. Good luck!
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2011