Have you ever seen an ESKIMO before?

My mother is from Alaska and yes, ESKIMO. It's in her blood, not just her culture. She married a Cherokee man in the Air Force who's family was in North Carolina. Long story short, I grew up in Little River, South Carolina. We were the only Eskimo Family so far east. When I went into the Marines, I came to California and everyone keeps mistaking me for Hispanic or Samoan. Grrrrrrrrrrr...it does get annoying, but you can't really tell someone's culture/genetics from the way they look these days....
Tell me, have you ever met an Eskimo before? I get asked all the time if I've lived in Igloos! hahah

Droyal14u

Asked by Droyal14u at 5:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yup I have met several. Cant say I see the spanish in them or mistook them for spanish or Mexican. Samoan I can kind see the qualities. People still think they live in Igloos?? Oh Geeze!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• nope but i just answered a question of one and i am sure you have never talked to a Zimbabwean before. this calls for a toast!
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 6:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not that I'm aware. I have friends and inlaws that have Native blood (one is even half) but none of them has said they are Inuit (sorry, as a Canadian, I've been taught now to say that as opposed to Eskimo).
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Hello. I'm Kat and I am an Ojibway.. I was wondering if you prefer Eskimo or Inuit? I am originally am from Canada but live in Michigan. I get the teepee question once in awhile.. so I understand! :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2011