Are their any support groups for the paternal side of the family when an infant adoption occurs? TY

I am looking for a support group for immediate family members affected by adoption. A group for the birth father's parents or really all grandparents, aunts, siblings etc...Any help would be appreciated. I want to EDUCATE so the paternal family has more input...I also want to EDUCATE on adoption reform!

Kidsmamabear

Asked by Kidsmamabear at 5:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Adoption

• Concerned United Birthparents, CUB, have several birth fathers as members. They also welcome anyone affected by adoption including adoptees, adoptive parents, adoption professionals etc. Unfortunately there are not enough support chapters in the country, but if there isn't one in your area you could start one. http://www.cubirthparents.org/

Also American Adoption Congress are one of the biggest organisations for adoption education and reform. They have yearly conferences. http://www.americanadoptioncongress.org/

Good for you for recognising that it is not only the birth mother that loses the baby to adoption but the entire birth family.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Thank you..I can't wait to get going!!!!
    Kidsmamabear

Answer by Kidsmamabear at 8:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Your feelngs are one of the reasons I think most adoptions should be open, and enforceable. Our son's frst family has our number, and many members, including his Granny and dad, and a few others come to see him.
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 10:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008