so the lady above me....

the lady above me runs a daycare...from 630 in the morning until about 4 in the afternoon do all that we hear is banging stomping screaming yelling etc. majority of the time, the lady is outside without the kids sitting on the stairs.

then after the kids leave, all we still hear is banging stokping yelling screaming music blaring etc.

would it be stupid if we said something to the apts about her daycare she runs? its really annoying to always hear it. i know its expected in apts, but ive lived in apts a lot and this is the WORST ever... its annoying it lasts until like 3 in the morning sometimes...

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 5:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• WOW!Yes I would say something.If she wants to do that stuff she needs to get a bottom apartment of house.Hope it works out!:)
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 5:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• shyeahh def complain! thats annoying!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• well could they even do anything about it?? about her doing the daycare??

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• most apt complexes dont allow daycare to be ran in them at least all the ones i lived in and the ones my siblings and friends lived it...i would talk to your landlord about it.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If she's violating her lease they can shut her down. Many apartment complexes won't allow daycares due to noise and liability issues.

YES, complain.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yeah, my apartments don't allow running a daycare in your home either. It could also be true for where yall live.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I'd complain...you might be doing people a favor, she's probably not licensed!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• shoutingCOMPLAIN,Its not fair that you and your family have to suffer. There are also noise ordinances, and I can almost bet what she is doing is illegal.She could get bussssteeedddd

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• She is running a business in a private home. It could be illegal depending on your city and state. Most apartments wouldn't care for the damage that a bunch of preschoolers could do to their property, either.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well I am an insurance agenct in michigan and it is illegal for her to run a business out of her apartment. I know from prior experience that the state will not even license someone who runs a daycare out of an apartment. Chances are the state or the apartments dont know about it. I would call the police for disturbing the peace everytime they do it and sooner or later they may get the hint that they dont live in the building alone and they should be more respectful
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008