Have you gone to birthing classes?

With every pregnancy?
Did it help?
I'm 13weeks with my 4th child and have never been to one.

CrazyMommy87

Asked by CrazyMommy87 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have never been to one, I will be going if i ever have more kids.. I think it is just a fun part of being pregnant that I have missed out on and you might learn some stuff that you never knew.. go
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I went when I was pregnant with my first child. It was very helpful because I had never given birth before, and didn't really know what to expect... They went over things like the stages of labor, how the baby transitions through the birth canal, what a c-section consists of... basics like that.
    However, now that I have had a child and am pregnant with my second, I did not feel the need to attend a second class. Kind of like the been there, done that feeling.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I went for my first two kids. I did not go with my daughter. It helped me some. Good luck.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I went wiht my first. Idk if you would need to go because you would probably already know about everything. We did stuff like watch nursing videos change diapers ask LOTS of questions watch more videos lol it was very helpful though!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I went for my first born and I loved it, it dissipated all the anxieties of a new mom and much more, i out me in control, I recommend them highly. For my second and third I no longer needed them I saved the tools they gave me, and used them again.

Answer by older at 8:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I went with the first and I think it did help. I was more informed. Had I been able to do a VBAC I would have gone again for a refresher.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I didn't go because my OB was very helpful during my pregnancy. Answered any questions I had and coached me through everything.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This is my first child, I'm 28 weeks and I will be going to the childbirth classes next month. I am excited to learn more about labor and to help better prepare myself for the big day. Especially since I know I will not be able to receive an epidural. :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes, I have been to several (with each pregnancy, more when I am not pregnant though, lol).
    VERY Helpful.
    Anything we can do to prepare helps.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• nope i have never been to any birthing class and this is my second pregnancy
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2011