Do you have a sandbox for your kids?

i saw one the other day at walmart, we were there to purchase a kiddie pool and the sandbox got me thinking. they are used to playing in the little dirtbed out back however we're planting today so they won't really be allowed to dig numerous holes all over my garden anymore! the sandbox i saw was small, in the shape of a turtle and came with a lid. im still "iffy" about buying it. they do love to dig though. and i don't know where i would put it overnight, except maybe my patio?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• It has a cover so I am more willing to consider it. I find most sand boxes appalling. Over sized litter boxes for the neighborhood cats. lol. I would rather they played in the dirt. I think I have sand box hang ups though! Don't mind me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• as long as you have a cover for it and bug check it daily i think its a great idea. My kiddos can't have one because my youngest would eat all the sand but once they are old enough I plan to get one that is a bit bigger than the little turtle.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sand is not healthy, as it is all but impossible to get out of ANYTHING.
    anaahs

Answer by anaahs at 8:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I plan to build one. The lady that run our home daycare has one that wsa built for her. She covers it with a tarp when it's not in use and it's just wonderful.
    My DD loves to play in the sand, so I think it'll be a great hit. I just need to find a place for it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yes my kids have the turtle one my ds got it for his 3rd bday. Love the fact that it came with a lid bc we have the neighbors cat running around and i just know that it would think of it as a large litter box lol
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We have one a little bit bigger than the turtle. Once it's filled, you can't move it. That may be the case with the turtle, too.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We don't have one yet. We are looking to get one for our daughter. When I was a child we always had a sandbox that I can remember. We had a great time with the sand.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes - we got the turtle one when my oldest was little. We could move it with the sand in it.

Answer by missanc at 9:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• lol so funny i did exact same thing yesterday went for a pool and they didnt have any and i found the turytle sand box but this is new from the ones ive seen in past it has a ring round edge where water and turtles go and sand would not be as dirty as the dirt
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We had the turtle for awhile and DD loved it!
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2011