Did you do anything special for your 2nd wedding anniversary?

ours is coming up.. 3 days to be exact. we can't afford to do what we did last year for our first (which was stay the night at a ritzy hotel and eat at a fancy restaurant) because money is tight this year. we have 2 free movie tickets and a giftcard to Red Lobster.. LOL.. so we will probably just take full advantage of that. i dont really consider the 2nd a "big" one anyway. how about you?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• We never do anythign special it seems like something always comes up. My husband is miitary so it is hard to plan around that but we try and celebrate it as best as we can :)
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes. Every anniversary is a BIG DEAL! We spent the entire weekend together and didn't make plans with anyone. We told our family and friends we were going away for the weekend, but didn't go anywhere. We went out to dinner because we had a gift card and then saw a movie. We just spent time together. For our first anniversary we stayed at a bed and breakfast. In 12 days we celebrate our 3 year anniversary and we are going to Atlanta, GA but staying at a friends house to save money. Happy early Anniversary and have fun!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Husband was deployed so no..
    But! On our wedding night we didn't have a big party, it was just me and my new husband and we went out to chinese. Then on our 1 yr anniversary we didn't have a lot of money on the actual day so we planned to go out a few days later, and ended up just accidentaly having chinese again. So after that it just became a tradition. So when he was deployed he had an MRE in Iraq that was close to chinese and I had chinese, and every year after that we have had chinese food. So try making a tradition like that. I have had a few chinese dinners on my own because of the military, but we make it up later.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We let our parnets watch the kids and then we went out to dinner/movie and then came home to a empty, quiet house and well....you know lol.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Hub was still in training, so we couldn't celebrate.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Good question-- our 2nd anniv is next week. I'm sure we'll go out, but it may not be on the actual date. We'll probably try to find a baby sitter.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We spent a long weekend in the mountains. I think that was the anniversary of the Hells Angels. Seriously, they were passing through, en masse, to Sturgis. We hiked and mountain biked and just enjoyed being with each other. We were also childless, so it was a little different than now when we have to schedule everything weeks in advance - sitter, dinner reservations, etc…
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Ours is in June and I doubt we're doing anything other than going to dinner. We haven't even had a honeymoon yet.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Well, we spent our first anniversary in bed with the flu lol. We took a picture of ourselves with a glass of champagne and red swollen noses lol. For our second we got pizza and watched a movie, something we do every year now. We had pizza on our first date, so it's now a tradition. It's not only about that one day, it's about the rest of the year!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011