At what age?

Do you stop tucking your kids into bed at night or reading them bedtime stories? At almost 8 years old, should my daughter be putting herself to bed after "goodnights" and hugs & kisses?

Kari727

Asked by Kari727 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My mom came in and told us good night til we were old enough to move out... There's no reason you should stop just because she's getting older. It's still a good habit to keep as it reinforces a bond and as she gets older will be one of the few times a day when you get to tell her you love her... Maybe you don't need to read her a story at 15, but at least a kiss good night...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I still tuck in my 8 year old with hugs and kisses. I figure it will happen soon enough so I will take all I can get until she doesn't want it anymore. I have wondered myself if it will happen soon, but so far she is insistent still that she won't sleep without me tucking and kissing.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• my daughter is 7 and i still do it and i will continue to no matter what age
    JoyJoy

Answer by JoyJoy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My parents always told me goodnight and gave me hug and kiss. I'll do the same for my boys whether they like it or not. lol
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011