Mucous Plug (TMI)

Once it comes out or whatever how long do you wait until labor actually starts? or is that the beginning of labor? Is it brown or pink? i have lil streaks of brown.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It depends on the person as to what color it is. And you can lose your mucus plug weeks before you actually go into labor.........although you are in the home stretch now.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It could be hours or a couple weeks before labor starts. I lost mine on a Thursday and gave birth on Saturday morning.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 6:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i heard that you can lose it weeks before or hours before or not until your in labor.and you can lose it all at once or a little at a time and it can build back up.it can be white or have some blood in it or brown.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 6:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It varies a LOT, sorry! Some women lose it RIGHT before labor begins, for others it's several weeks! It seems to vary a lot in color and consistency as well!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I started to lose it on wed. and i gave birth friday. it was mostly clear with a little brown to it.
    Anonymous

• With my first daughter my mucus plug came out and 24hrs later I welcomed my daughter
    with my second daughter my mucus plug came out at 10pm the night before and the next morning at 6am my water broke and 10 hours later I had my second daughter. I guess it just depends on your body and mine was pink.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008