I'm 32 weeks and my blood pressure has jumped from my daily 120/80 to 130-140/90. What does this mean?

I've had perfect blood pressure through out the whole pregnancy. Lately I've been getting light headed and redness/swelling in my feet and hands that itch. I'll be telling the OB all of this on Thursday if I don't call her before.

AmberTimmons84

Asked by AmberTimmons84 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It can be a sign of pre-eclampsia...or it might just be another "fun" pregnancy symptom for you. You might want to let the doctor know ahead of time, just so they can be ready to do any extra tests they may want to do. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• your blood pressure changes all of the time sometimes its high other times its not... i would call your dr office though
    Anonymous

• im sorry i hope every thing goes well with you.i would just call the doctor just in case.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 6:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Mine did that at the end of my first pg, they told me not to worry about it as long as the two numbers were still far apart (and yours are) and the lower number is under 100. They will watch you, but as long as there are no other problems, don't let it worry you too much.
    older_mom

Answer by older_mom at 6:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• How did you get your BP? If you took it at one the pharmacy stands (i.e. Walmart), those are very inaccurate. It said my BP was 172 over something else high and I ran to my OB and it was actually normal. Talk to your doctor if it is actually high though. It could be a lot of things, including your body getting ready for labor.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008