Help washing daughter hair

My daughter is 22 1/2 month old. I am having trouble washing her hair. I am still using the wash rag on her hair. I have tried the cup pouring over her hair and she don't like that. She is starting to get more hair and the wash rag is doing alright. Any ideas will be helpful..........

TeresaM35

Asked by TeresaM35 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I use the shower head. we have one of those that comes down and I tilt her head back and give her a quick rinse off
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Use shampoo that wont burn her eyes, wash her hair with your hands, and rinse it out. That's all you really can do. I got my son used getting water poured on his head to rinse. Not many kids do like it, you should try putting your hand over her forehead and when you go to rinse her hair, just push the water backwards.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You can try letting her wear a bath visor to keep the water/soap out of her eyes.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just teach my little ones to tilt their heads back and close their eyes. Sometimes it is a fight for a bit but they get used to it. I have three girls and it is always a bit of transition.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i always just use my hands then have them lay back as i tell them it will be ok mommies got you to make them feel secure and use tear free
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• detachable shower head works wonders....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I used to use one of those plastic "golfers hats" - a sunvisor.....thats what they are called (brain blip...) kept the water from actually running into the face.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just posted a similar post the other day. My 19 month old is terrified of the water . She can handle sitting in the tup, but she hates and gets so scared when I wash her hair (the getting it wet and rinsed part) I had a mama recomment using a wash cloth to keep the water from going into her face. It worked! You should give it a try
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Tup-tub and recomment- recommend
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Just get it over with quickly. She will be alright.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011