Sources?

You hear not to believe everything you read online......understandable.

You hear not to trust in all the information on blogs.......understandable.

You hear you can not trust news media anymore......understandable.

Well wth are we supposed to believe?

Do you think technology is hurting us while helping us? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it's any different than believing /not believing what you read in newspapers and magazines and hear on your local or national news channels.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I scour the web and many different news sources from ALL over the world on the same subjects in the news. It's easier to make an informed decision for me to read a different country's point of view on things in the news. Also. European news sources are usually telling things that American news NEVER tells us. Dont take my word for it. Google other country's news sites and see for yourself.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes. It has its benefits, but it also has it drawbacks. Technology has made distributing information so easy and instantaneous which is both good and bad because you never know who is telling the truth and who's just trying to get attention, run a scam, ect. The only thing we can do is use our common sense to try and make our best judgements. checking several sources for the same info to see how they're alike and different helps as well as, when possible, only using sources we know we can trust.
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 9:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Technology helps us share information. That is a good thing. The more information we have access to, the greater ability we have to form opinions.

Media has never been 100% trustworthy becuase human beings aren't 100% trustworthy...we lie, we make mistakes, we misunderstand...it's just the way we are.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Well there is definitely more news out there but you can use that to your advantage on reading different stories putting a whole picture together vs just having one source and only getting the spin they want to put on a certain story.

I live in WI and we have the whole Walker thing going on and some saw our supreme court election as a vote on Walker what he is doing. The unofficial result was the person they saw as being against Walker .....

The unofficial results said she won by 200 and some votes.  A paper put a story up with the heading "Voters Send Walker Strong Angry Message"  The results are still being counted and it looks like she didn't win but anyways my point is that was their spin on it.  Regardless of who the votes were for a win of 200 some votes for an entire state would not be a strong anything.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not so much. You have to realize that technology is just the vehicle. Without someone putting the information out there there is no need for technology. Not believing what you hear doesn't mean never believing the information. It means use your own resources and until you come to a conclusion you are comfortable with.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Just because (of technology) we have more access to media/information, does not mean one should surrender all basic independent thinking skills and assume all they hear, read, tweet, is ABSOLUTE....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I like having several different ways to aqquire information. I watch the news, read it on the internet, get people's opinions on blogs and websites like CM, My only problem with media is I feel they are way too intrusive. There use to be a time when privacy was respected, even the privacy of stars, people in political offices, etc.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Read several sources.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2011