2nd part of my time ?

now my time is actually cleaning my house and for some reason i cant seem to do it when people are here that are not technically suppose to be here like when gets get day off or hubby stays home and now i have my unt and her fiance living here and i cant get my mind set to still really be able to clean as usual and of course no one else will help so my house is falling apart so how do i change my mind thats iys ok to do my time even when people invade it

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am the same way about cleaning. When my husband is off my house is a mess. Also, my mom lives in another state so when she's here visiting it makes things difficult. I send people places to get my cleaning done. Sending mom to the store or to the park with the kids, or send husband to visit his brother or dad. Try sending your aunt somewhere, suggest she try a restaurant for lunch or ask her to run an earand for you. Good luck.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If there are that many adults in your home then I suggest that they help out. It shouldn't be just you taking care of the entire house. I would have a family meeting and delegate who does what. Me time should be something you do for yourself, not what you're doing for everyone else.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have the same problem. It like someone is invading my time and missing up my schedule. What I usually do is just do things here and there. Like instead of getting the cleaning done all right away (which I would rather do) I just clean here and there through out the day. So I may not have done it all at once but it did still get done through the day.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I thought I was the only one who can't get motivated to "do my thing" when others are there! Thanks for your post!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yeah its difficult and thanx for the suggestions and to dahis your welcome and as you see there are many others so dont feel bad anymore but your right i figured if id post it i would have people saying just get your butt and do it instead i see there are other woman with the same issue as well
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OMG I'm the exact same way...if hubby is here on a day he's usually supposed to be at work (even if he's in the bedroom sleep) for some reason I get it in my mind that I have the day off too! lol....I honestly thought this was just me! I have no idea how to get out of this mindset lol...let me know what ends up working for you so I can try it too lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• the best i do is kick them out of the house cuz ur right even with them in the bedroom sleepin its like hell no you are suppose to b at workk your invading my space go to work well now because my husband and i are having problems we made our 5th wheel kinda his house so i try to kick him out there but it doesnt work so who knows
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011