Your tax dollars: If you could choose...?

If you could choose where your tax dollars went would you choose the federal government, your state, your county, or your city?

Which body do you think makes the best use of your money?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say all. Federal gets the most, state gets the second most....and it dwindles down until my township gets the least. I actually think that's how it works anyway LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My choice would be my county. I have my reasons. I wish I could map them out for you. I have a friend who has followed me to cm to give me crap over my opinions. My friend is the reason we have cameras up around our house now. Local politics are interesting.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• County & City because I think that locally we are able to handle our own issues and take care of things we need for our community.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• All of the above. The amounts in descending order to Fed, state, county, city. That is how it works here. I'm not sure, because I believe they all make some good and bad decisions on the use of tax dollars. I guess city would be efficient (at least our city) since they typically work on a smaller scale, so they probably need to be more efficient.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• In descending order Federal, state, county, town
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i think the Federal government potentially, is able to make the most use. It's a much better at spreading around the money into different agencies. Much more efficient
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Personally, I think the smaller the entity the better. It's much easier to keep up with what my city does with my tax dollars. The federal government would be my last choice to get my money.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Eek! Right this minute I hate to see it in any of their hands! I know the federal and the state are a mess. We have city and county officials on paid leave because of misuse of funds. If I had to pick I would say the city up though. The best way to help/serve "we the people" is by doing it directly in the community.

LOL at adnilm for saying spreading money among lots of agencies is efficient!! Ha ha, I needed a laugh this morning!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My state and county.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My city, county and state are all well ran so I would prefer they got most of my tax money. My city and county both have a surplus right now. The state is in debt a bit but nothing like many states that are on the brink of collapse. Our previous Dem Gov left a bit of a mess and it is being corrected now. The Federal Government gets 5 bucks they find a way to spend 10. I feel like I am tossing my money into the river when I do pay my Federal taxes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011