how many mommies had their family adopt there child for a better life?

i am wondering how many mommies adopt there relatives childern? i gave my child up so he can have a better life witch i see him all the time and he knows me very well but when i was younger i had a hard time an i felt that he was getting a bad deal cause i was a single parent going to college and having 2 jobs but now i really feel bad about it i don't know why but maybe because i finally made a better life after 11 yrs witch i knew how it felt cause my parents were always workin and i did things on my own and he just wasn't happy but after seeing him now he is happy an loves his new life..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Adoption

• I think it takes a very special person to be able to do what you did. If your sons knows who you are and you still have contact with him then he understands. He loves you in his own way and you should be happy he for him.

It is great that you made a better life for yourself and that you are doing well. You should be proud of yourself and the things that you have done.

Good Luck with everything
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• thanks honey that means alot... thank you for a lil chat i hope you have a wonderful night honey
    Anonymous

• I wasn't someone who adopted a child to a family member, i was a child that was cared for by a family member. My mother was young, too young, and couldn't look after me, so my grandparents stepped up and took "legal custody" of me.
    I was thankful to have such giving, loving grandparents and still got to know my mother.

You shouldn't feel bad. You did what you thought was right for your son. That makes you a loving mother.
    wyldebtrfly

Answer by wyldebtrfly at 7:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I did the same thing for my first born. I was fifteen when I had her, with NO support system. My daughter was adopted by my grandmother who has raised her as her own. She turned 11 years old on 11-29, and knows that I'm her birth mom and she loves me unconditionally. She was actually five before the adoption went through. My grandparents had legal custody of her until it did. I actually told my daughter that I wouldn't sign the papers unless it was what she really wanted. It was and still is and she thanks me every day.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008