Mirena

Does anyone else that has mirena still have issues? The doctor said to give it 3 months. I had mine inserted on 12/2 and I'm still bleeding and crampy. Has anyone else experienced this and when did the bleeding stop? I had about a week off from bleeding. I don't know if I need to get it taken out or just wait it out...any input would be awesome!

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 6:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Health

• OMG I had that thing and it was a disaster and I had a period that lasted 6 freakin months and had infection after infection. That thing almost cost me the fertility I was trying to preserve. I wish you luck but dont let them tell you cramping and bleeding non stop for half a freakin yr is normal it isnt.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• u mean 11/2 cause its onlt 12/1......lol anyways it may take up to 4 months but it probably will only take about 2 at the very most for all the bleeding and cramping to stop
    Anonymous

• Crap, I'm sorry...I meant 10/2
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008